March 6, 2013

Today


A Meme



One of my favorite things is the sound of a ticking clock.

Outside my window the bare twisted branches of the amur maple, 
waiting to come alive.

I am thinking of all the things I'm pining to do, as soon as I meet 
all these crazy, lurking deadlines.

From the kitchen I hear the hum of the fridge.

I am wearing blue floral jammies.

I am reading Anne Lamott's 'Bird by Bird' for the third time. 
Yes, it's that good.

I am hearing Angus Stone on Pandora 
(thanks to Jen for turning me on to his music).

I am hoping for Spring to hurry up, but time to slow down.

Around the room, my yorkie sleeps on the back of the couch like a cat,
the space heater warms my feet.

I am going to watch "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" 
with Emma this week, at her request.

I am creating a crocheted blanket, and a plan for my garden.

I am thankful for hot showers, music, and my family.

Here is picture thought, from outside my front window this morning.





Thank you to Cait O'Connor for this blog meme.

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect day. You just missed... "I am drinking a Diet Coke". I guess one doesn't have to state the obvious. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Tracy - that's truly nothing special around here. tee hee :)

      Delete
  2. I really like this meme. You always have interesting things to say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness - I'm feeling about as interesting as a rock today, but thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am knitting a blanket...blankets are the go at the moment I think...another blogger I just visited is crocheting one too. I would love to see that movie you've mentioned...pity you're so far away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least yours is more timely than mine. Soon it will be blanket weather in your part of the world I guess. . . mine will probably get stuffed in the closet until September.

      Delete
  5. Oh, I love this meme! It's like a little look into your mind and I love how you think. Incidentally, I love the sound of a clock ticking too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there's nothing like a ticking clock to say "home."

      Delete
  6. Loved your answers to Cait's meme!
    She is one of my favorite bloggers.
    I almost want to respond but am overwhelmed planning a 2 day workshop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love her blog too. So thoughtful, and beautiful.

      Wish I could attend that workshop - sounds good.

      Delete
  7. I loved this post. A vivid and succinct insight into your life.

    Ticking clocks make me feel sleepy. I like to have the radio on for background noise.

    Gillian x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you are happy, busy and planning for better weather! It was 68 here today. I know we'll have cold again soon, but it was nice for today!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. Hearing from you makes my day!