October 29, 2012

Pumpkins




I was a wee bit leery when I ordered this drink — but it was quite tasty and very "Octobery." The bartender was kind enough to jot down the recipe for me.

Pumpkin Martini Recipe
courtesy of Sean Kelly's Irish Pub downtown Missoula

~ Absolut vodka
~ Bailey's Irish cream liqueur
~ Pumpkin flavored liqueur (like Hiram Walker)
~ Splash of half and half

Combine in a cocktail shaker over ice. Cover and shake until the outside of the shaker has frosted. 

Strain into a chilled martini glass, and garnish with a sprinkle of ground cinnamon and ground nutmeg to serve.

Yum.

On a side note -  I pick my pumpkins based largely on the beauty of the stem. I love a nice twisty, curled pumpkin stem.


3 comments:

  1. Lovely pumpkin selection!!! Gorgeous stem! Tasty looking beverage too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes! A good stem is a lovely thing.
    I fell in love with yours immediately.
    Such a good twist, and height.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I do love a seasonal cocktail! I want one of those now. Your pumpkin shot is very nice and I agree, a twisty stem is very attractive. Unfortunately, all the pumpkins sold in the supermarkets here have their stems trimmed to one inch short - such a shame.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. Hearing from you makes my day!