July 31, 2012

Hoping It's Contagious

























Today I rode my shopping cart across the parking lot.

Yes, I'm talking jump-on-the-back-of-the-cart-like-a-kid-and-ride kind of riding. I love doing it. Wanna know why?

1. Because it reminds me to take life a little less seriously.

2. Because it always makes other people smile and sometimes they even laugh! Can you imagine the craziness of this middle-aged lady hopping on the back of her cart like a five-year-old! (It actually is a little harder than it used to be when I was young. I think my stomach muscles were compromised during pregnancy).

In my mind I like to envision that cart-riding might be contagious. Maybe all those people going into the store as I come riding my cart out of the store feel inspired to try riding their carts out of the store too. Who knows!?

I love spreading a little random cheer - it makes me feel a teeny bit like Amelie Poulain . . . please tell me you've seen the movie "Amelie" because it is seriously a beautiful, inspiring, fun movie and it's one of my all-time favorite flicks EVER! (Oh, and the soundtrack is great too.)

15 comments:

  1. Bonjour! C'est formidable! Oui à Amélie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, Amelie - one of my all-time favourite films too. I just love it - I need to re-watch it, it's been years since I saw it. Audrey Tattou is a goddess. I love that you rode your shopping cart, that's so funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I re-watch it all the time. I kept renting it then finally bought it so I can even just watch parts of it when the mood strikes.

      Audrey Tattou IS a goddess. I want to be her. Have you seen her in "A Very Long Engagement?" So good.

      Delete
  3. I like to blow bubbles, but it has been a very long time. Thanks for the reminder.

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I worked at HEB after senior year of high school I saw this lady in her 70s riding on the cart smiling and it's an image that keeps me smiling to this day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your fun, Jenny =) I'm going to check out your fav movie.
    Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Jenny! Sounds like you had fun! It's great! Love this movie too :o) and I've got all the sounds tracks on my MP3 player as well :o)
    Have a happy day
    Natasha

    ReplyDelete
  7. You spread cheer all the way to Texas - i love it! I'll have to try that some time....in a few months maybe. I guess I need to see Amelie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Daniel Payne

    This post made me laugh! What a great idea to ride shopping carts more often. Another great feel-alive-again idea is to sing loudly in the grocery store. People really love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm gonna do the singing thing - I love that idea.

      Delete
  9. got me laughing all the way down here in Arizona, when the weather gets cooler me and all the starbucks Mom's may join you in some shopping cart ballet

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. Hearing from you makes my day!