June 3, 2012

Flower Power































I took a trip to the nursery to pick up some annuals and more veggie starts for the garden. I was so glad to have my camera along because I knew all of you would love to see these pretty blossoms. Aren't the pink dahlias amazing?! And those little pink things in the top pic too – I can't remember what they're called, but they are such a bright pink. I've never seen the yellow flower before. Anyone know what it's called?

This is now the safe time to plant outdoors here, so I was hoping to get lots of stuff in the ground this weekend. Sadly, the weather was a bit damp for my style. I'm a fair-weather gardener. So my new plants are still awaiting their transplantings. Tomorrow sounds like a perfect day though so I'm hoping to some planting done in between edits on a design project I'm working on.





























I did manage to bring a little color indoors when I found this broom at Pier One. Isn't it cheerful! I'm hoping it will make my kitchen sweeping chore a little more pleasant. I'll let you know.

2 comments:

  1. I too am a fair-weather gardener. I ignore it when it is cold or wet, then as soon as the sun comes out I dash outside and start planting/weeding/cutting/ Also, I don't really know what I'm doing which doesn't help!

    Lovely photos. I adore dahlias. I tried to grow some from scratch last summer with no success, so this year I have bought some plants which should start to flower soon (I hope!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know much about gardening either. I definitely have lots of fails with my successes.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments. Hearing from you makes my day!