April 30, 2012

Prairie Sisters: Vintage Goods & Antique Show
























Oh my! . . . what a grand time Karin (my friend with the amazing home) and I had at the Prairie Sisters show on Saturday! When we first walked in to the old white fairgrounds building we were just overwhelmed. There was so much vintage goodness all around us we felt paralyzed. Slowly, when we were able to move our limbs again we began picking our way through the more than 60 vendors.  I brought my camera along with the intention of snapping dozens of photos but honestly I was so busy looking I kept forgetting to take pictures. Then, halfway through the show my camera battery died. Poor planning. Here are a few goodies I managed to capture:

























One of our favorite vendors –  a woman who repurposes old doors. Karin almost bought the cupboard on the left, made from an old screen door, to hold all her fabric and sewing notions. Wouldn't that be adorable?!




























It wasn't until I got home that I really noticed the fireplace mantel in the back of this photo. I wish I'd checked it out better when I was there. Things were sooo reasonably priced and I love the look of it.































A repurposed old bed becomes a lovely super-sturdy little bench.


























I'm so into wire baskets right now.






































And fans. I'd love to have one of these old reliable guys pushing a cool breeze around the room on a hot summer night.






















Vintage rolling pins turned snazzy coatrack – what a cool idea!



I wish I had lots more photos to show :(  The good news is that the Prairie Sisters hold another show here in September so I'm going to be sure my battery is charged and I'm going to start saving my pennies because I know I'm going to have the "Wanties" pretty badly.

Oh, and I did buy a couple items! I'm going to get them set up and snap a few pics. I'll post them so you can have a peek.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. Hearing from you makes my day!