March 16, 2012

Welcome to Audrey Finch!
















Welcome to my blog. My name is Jenny and I am a happily-married, mother of two girls, living in beautiful Missoula, Montana. I’m a self-employed graphic designer and love working in my cozy home office with my little dog Izzy lying at my feet.

So I can already hear you asking, “If your name is Jenny, why is this blog called ‘Audrey Finch?’” Well, let me tell you . . .

I’ve decided to name this blog after two people who inspire me to be better in little ways. "Audrey" is for Audrey Hepburn, who was not only a super classy gal but a humanitarian. She lived life with grace and poise. When I see photos of her or watch Roman Holiday for the millionth time I feel inspired to be a little more like her in any small way I can. So, that’s where the Audrey comes from.

The “Finch” is after Scout Finch, the wonderfully precocious and brave little girl in my favorite book “To Kill a Mockingbird.” I first read that book at the age of 11 and have reread it many times since and I never tire of it. Oh, to be so bold and adventuresome. To roam a small town with Dill and Jem. To have Atticus Finch for a father (especially if he was just like the Gregory Peck movie version!).

Anyway, so that is how I came up with the title for this blog. Mind you, I am almost always just my flawed and flustered self – but I will see this blog title and it will remind me of this lovely, ficticious person – Audrey Finch. I imagine her to be refined and classy, but with lots of spunk, a sparkle in her eye, and dirty knees - and with a father who fights for social justice.

Of course, there are many other people who inspire me and I would love to try to be just like all of them – from the great writers to the selfless humanitarians to the folks who create all of those amazing things on Pinterest (yes, I’m addicted) – there are so many gifted, lovely people in the world, aren’t there!? I wish I could be just like them all.

Some days I’m dying to live on a small farm in the country and some days I dream of life in a brownstone in Boston’s North End, schlepping groceries home from the corner market. *Sigh*  I just wish there was enough time in life to do it ALL!

As a favorite poet of mine once said “Tell me, what is it you plan to do with this one wild and precious life?” and to that I say “I want to do it all!”

So join me as I journey through life. Expect to hear about my many creative pursuits, my parenting ups & downs, novice gardening fiascoes, books, music, adventures, and life in Montana.

I promise to try to always add a dose of humor and keep it whine-free.

xoxo

Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. Hearing from you makes my day!