March 22, 2012

Little Darling, it seems like years . . .








































Here comes the sun!

And boy, does it feel good! What started off as another dreary day took a turn for the best and by the time the girls got home from school the sun was glinting off the sidewalks. Everyone was giddy - kids, dogs, and grownups.

Tomorrow my friend Karin is teaching me to sew a pillow cover. I am soooo excited. I haven't done much sewing but suddenly I'm all about it. I keep mulling over patterns for cute dresses and lined pea coats, but then I tell myself to slow down and start at the very beginning - hey like that song in "The Sound of Music!" "Let's start at the very beginning, a very good place to start . . . " In that vein Karin has invited me to her lovely historic home (I should post photos – it is truely lov-e-ly) where I will watch, help, and take notes while she makes a pillow for her daughter's room. I stopped by the fabric store this afternoon with the intent of picking up a yard so I could follow along a bit, but I became so overwhelmed by the choices – what weight? should I start with a solid color? is 100% cotton best? I wandered around a while then gave up and purchased a skein of yarn for a baby blanket I'm plotting to crochet for my brother's "in utero" baby. Tomorrow I will just have to watch and learn. I'll take pictures and fill you in later, in case you're hoping to learn as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. Hearing from you makes my day!